August 24th, 2018 by MG
Earlier this month, Ron Paul, an internet superstar as far as presidential candidates are concerned was interviewed on Kudlow & Company regarding the housing bubble. So far we’ve seen President Bush say “No” to a federal bailout, while some democrats like Hillary Clinton are proposing otherwise. With a complete turnaround in mortgage rates, it’s tough to find who is backing who. An interesting conversation indeed:
If there was a President Paul, how would you be handling this?
Mortgage rates were artificially low.
The fed was inflating like crazy.
There was a lot of malinvestment. First it was in the NASDAQ bubble, now it’s in the housing bubble, so it was very predictable so nobody should be surprised.
You believe the fed is bailing out?
I don’t see how it could be anything else, where did the fed get this 120-130 billion dollars to buy bills and buy securities? They didn’t get it out of thin air – this bails the banks out!
The president is saying the right things, and he doesn’t want to bail out but the fed is bailing out!
Politicians will never allow the correction to come. And that’s the fallacy, by bailing out and propping up, you just delay the inevitable. The correction will come until you liquidate all the bad debt.
Check Out Some Related Posts
- Arizona Now Seeing Layoffs In The Valley As The Housing Bubble Continues To Burst
- Want To Buy A House? Not So Fast! The Credit Crunch Is Making Home Loans Harder And Harder To Get
- President Bush Says “NO” To A Government Bailout While Hillary Clinton Proposes A 1 Billion Dollar Foreclosure Avoidance Help Fund
- The Real Reason A Bailout Won’t Work That Nobody Wants To Talk About – Housing Inventory And Empty Foreclosed Houses
- Countrywide In Trouble: Countrywide Begins Layoffs
- How Has YOUR 401k Performed With Regards To Year-To-Date Earnings (Or Losses) In 2008?
- A Look In The Brief Past: This Could Be Worse Than Enron – Is It Too Late To Get Out Of The Housing Bubble?
- No Need To Fear, President Bush Is Here! Bush’s Solution To Subprime
- Will Countrywide Be Part Of A Federal Bailout? Will Countrywide Go Bankrupt? Will Countrywide Singlehandedly End The World In 2012?
- Can You Remember How Many Homes You Own? How About How Many Homes You Have That Are Going Through Foreclosure?