August 15th, 2022 by MG
The American dream. Two children, a dog, and a home you own. What is more wholesome than the real estate agent who helps you achieve that dream?
Real estate sales is about EMOTION. It’s a simple fact. This is the reason that staged homes sell so much more effectively than unstaged homes. It’s the reason why curb appeal is so important.
Yes, most agents are taught a thing or two about contracts, but having been in the field, more agents are concerned about “getting that sale”. Of course, because it means they get closer to getting paid.
Now I don’t mean to bag on agents. I respect a few of them very highly, it’s just that I’ve seen and worked with more than my fair share in many capacities.
Very few agents I know would tell a buyer in today’s market who is on the verge of affording a home, to wait until the market slows down further. These are the agents I respect, the ones that know return customers make their money, and not the quick sale or purchase.
Close your eyes and think about the recent headlines you’ve heard. Stories of foreclosures, stories of people being blindsided by emotion, and people buying houses they could qualify for, but homes they couldn’t afford.
Now watch this video.
This could have been you. This was many Americans. Currently mulling over whether you should keep renting or make that leap and purchase that home. Your apartment is getting small after all and you deserve a bigger house! The bank even said you qualify!
So Why Does That Video Scare You To Death?
Because its message WORKS. You empathize with that couple because you have children, or your house is too small, or you want that garage. You realize that if it’s that easy, YOU CAN DO IT. This video scares me because hundreds if not thousands of people have seen it, and many of them probably went through with a transaction that is now threatening to destroy their financial world entirely.
Check Out Some Related Posts
- Can Ya Spare A Job Brother? Mortgage Job Losses From The Housing Bubble Pass 40,000 – Construction Losses Pass 20,000
- “Drive Until You Qualify” Foreclosures Nearly Tripled Since Last Year With The Number Of People In Danger Of Losing Homes Quadrupling
- Foreclosure Friday – 3 Stories Of People Losing Their Homes As The Bubble Pops
- The Death Of Credit Is Forcing Your Options Out One By One – How To Fight Back And Boost Your Credit Score In 15 Seconds
- “We Agreed We Wanted To Be Homeowners Again” – One Family’s Disastrous Journey Into The Subprime Market
- 5 Signs That The Worst Is Yet To Come With The Housing Bubble
- The Real Reason A Bailout Won’t Work That Nobody Wants To Talk About – Housing Inventory And Empty Foreclosed Houses
- Buying A House Is The Biggest Mistake You Could Make – The Renting Vs Buying Argument
- Who Is Countrywide, Why Are They In Trouble – What Went Wrong And What’s Next
- Want To Buy A House? Not So Fast! The Credit Crunch Is Making Home Loans Harder And Harder To Get