Look On The Bright Side, There Were Worse Investments Than Real Estate This Year!
August 25th, 2022 by MG
Got this in my email box this morning and couldn’t help but giggle. I’ve written about depreciation in the housing market, job layoffs, people being stuck in houses they can’t afford, facing foreclosure, but at the end of the day…
Things could be worse!
If you had purchased $1000 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.
With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.
With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left.
But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.
Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.
It’s called the 401-Keg Plan.
Check Out Some Related Posts
- Can You Remember How Many Homes You Own? How About How Many Homes You Have That Are Going Through Foreclosure?
- So… Does The World Even Need Realtors Anymore?
- Arizona Breaks Into The Top 3 Foreclosure States
- Who Is Countrywide, Why Are They In Trouble – What Went Wrong And What’s Next
- In July Almost As Many Homes Went Into Foreclosure As Were Sold – Is Arizona’s Economy About To Take A Major Hit?
- Mortgage Lending Evolves: PMI Now Becomes Deductible As Well
- If You Bunched All The Foreclosed Homes Fannie Mae Has Taken Over It Would Be A ‘Top 100′ Municipality Bigger Than Dayton, Ohio And Almost Bigger Than Richmond, Virginia
- On The Lighter Side: A Few Old School Investment Strategies
- 5 Signs That The Worst Is Yet To Come With The Housing Bubble
- The Housing Bubble Also Hurts The People That CAN Make Their Payments – Especially Condo Owners
No comments yet.